Little Big Planet
Media Molecule, the makers of the wildly addictive Rag Doll Kung Fu, now brings its talents to PlayStation 3. Given the cheeky working title The Next Big Thing™, LittleBigPlanet is a game that is also a game-making studio.
The LittleBigPlanet experience starts with players learning about their character’s powers to interact physically with the environment. There are obstacles to explore, bits and pieces to collect and puzzles to solve – requiring a combination of brains and collaborative teamwork. As players begin to explore, their creative skills will grow and they will be ready to start creating and modifying their surroundings – the first step to sharing them with the whole community. Creativity is part of the gameplay experience and playing is part of the creative experience. Players can make their world as open or as secretive to explore as they like. When it’s ready, they can invite anyone within the LittleBigPlanet community to come and explore their patch — or can go and explore everybody else’s.
- Play the game, learn the skills and then find your own way to play. There isn’t a set solution to anything — you live LittleBigPlanet however you want to.
- Create your own content – customize your character and build your own locations. You have the power to rearrange anything in this unbelievably tactile landscape.
- Build, move, create, collaborate – then share content with friends or publicly by inviting the whole world to come and visit your own location on LittleBigPlanet.
- Unlimited possibilities for user-created content – players can customize everything: their characters, the landscape around them and their own patch on LittleBigPlanet.
- Players discover and win new skills and items to aid them on their creative journey.
- Initial levels will be provided – endless others are user-generated on a global scale. LittleBigPlanet changes every day as players contribute their own levels.
- Online and offline multiplayer modes – play alone, work as a team or get competitive
- LittleBigPlanet global community for players to get involved with: includes player comments, rankings and easy communication with new and existing friends