The longest running Major League Baseball franchise returns with MLB 2K12 from 2K Sports. The game features advanced pitching & hitting controls, detailed player tendencies & scouting reports, and immersive game modes for any level of fan.
- MLB Today Season Mode – For the first time ever, play along with the real-life MLB season AS IT UNFOLDS. Take charge of your favorite team and see how you stack up against the rest of the league over the course of a six month-long season.
- Dynamic Tendency System – Just as in real-life, opposing pitchers and hitters will learn your tendencies from one at-bat to the next, challenging you to mix up your approach on both sides of the plate as each game unfolds.
- Improved My Player Mode – Want to be the next All-Star slugger or ace starter? All-new player types let you decide your path to the Majors™. Goals, expectations, ratings and progression are all customized by position and player type.
- New Hit Distribution System – More varied and realistic hits, from line drives in the gap to slow tappers down the line. Based on the physics of the game, including pitch location & speed and swing timing & accuracy.
- New Throw Meter – A revamped throwing system presents a classic risk vs. reward situation every time you make a play. Will you queue up throws before fielding the ball to save time, or take a moment to set your feet for better accuracy?
- Soundtrack – Tracks handpicked by SPIN magazine, featuring The Cool Kids, Skrillex, The Joy Formidable, Grouplove, My Morning Jacket and more.
- Improved AI – The game just got a little smarter, with improved CPU AI both on the field and in the dugout.
- New & Improved Commentary – Over 80 hours of new commentary featuring Gary Thorne, Steve Phillips & John Kruk. For the first time, MLB Today games will feature dynamic commentary that updates AS THE GAME UNFOLDS.